Kilmore Bowls Club was founded in September/November 1919.
Under the Presidency of Colin McNab, with Mr A. M. Luckie as Secretary. a bowling green was established in Moore Park, but did not function effectively until it was reorganised in 1922. Play began again with the opening match played on 23rd December, 1922. There was a pavilion beside the green, and electric lights had been installed. The original club house was rebuilt, and additional rinks added to the 4 rinks making the green into 8 rinks.
The Kilmore Bowls Club was a founding member of the Central Bowls Association and has had some pennant success in several grades.
1928, 1931, 1935 CBA Pennant Premiers. 1965, 1968 GDLBA Division A Pennant Premiers. 1971 CBA Division 2 Pennant Premiers. 1995, 1997 CHDLBA Division3 Pennant Premiers. 2007 CBA Division3 Pennant Premiers. 2009 CHDLBA Division 1 Pennant Premiers. 2010 CBA Division 1,2 & 3 Pennant Premiers. 2012 CBD Division 1 Pennant Premiers. 2016 CBD Mid Week Division 1 Premiers. 2018 CBD Division 1 Pennant Premiers. 2018 CBD Division 1, and Mid Week Division 2 Pennant Premiers.
The Club celebrated it’s Centenary on Sunday 12th January, 2020, with a BBQ lunch and social bowls, followed by a formal Dinner in the evening, which was attended by representatives from all Clubs in the Division, plus representatives from local government and Bowls Victoria.